You drank and partied all night, and now you’re paying for it. Your head feels like it’s about to explode. You feel so thirsty and hungry, but you couldn’t eat because you feel like throwing up. Being hung over sucks, but you can’t stay that way the whole day, especially when you need to leave for work or school (if you’re over 18). There are certain foods that can cure your hangover. So just put that black coffee down and read on.
- Honey’s your best bet when you just got out of bed. No, not honey your wife or girlfriend, but honey the kind that bees provide. It’ll help metabolize the alcohol in your body faster. It also has electrolyte potassium which can replace the ones you lost when you urinated several times last night.
- Ginger can get rid of that rumbling and tumbling in your tummy and your nausea. Take ginger pills, drink ginger tea, or if you still have gingerbread from last Christmas, eat some. Of course make sure they’re still okay to eat.
- Salmon’s omega-3 fats and B6 content can also cure your upset stomach. It can also help rid of that throbbing and aching head of yours.
- Have a banana. It’s got electrolytes like magnesium and potassium just like sports drinks do. Eating bananas will help replenish the electrolytes your body lost from last night’s drinking and peeing spree.
- Eat some eggs. Eggs have cysteine, an amino acid which helps fight toxins from booze. Eggs are also a good source of protein which will help change your mood by increasing serotonin levels in your body.
- Rid your body of more toxins through oats. Aside from giving ample amount of vitamin B, calcium, iron, and magnesium, oats can also balance out the acid levels in your body. So oats, bananas, honey, and ginger tea would be an awesome breakfast and hangover-buster.
- For brunch, a bacon and asparagus sandwich with mayonnaise would be a superb hangover fighter. Asparagus has vitamins, minerals, and amino acids which not only protect your liver from the booze toxins, but also help ease your hangover. Bacon, though oily and fatty, has lots of amino acids which can replace the neurotransmitters your brain lost last night from chugging down all that beer. And mayonnaise has eggs which, as mentioned, can improve your mood and provide you with protein.
- And finally, for lunch or early dinner, have a nice bowl of hot chicken noodle soup. It’s not just great when you have flu or cold. It’s also good at rehydrating your body and replenishing lost potassium and electrolytes due to hangover.
Take any of these foods when hung over. By lunchtime, you’d be in a better state to clearly see that all of your unflattering photos from last night’s party are already uploaded and tagged on Facebook. Cheers!